Alpine Ski-Racing Coach and Snowboard Coach
To mentor and coach athletes in the program in an enthusiastic and effective manner that helps them achieve their goals in advanced skiing or snowboarding techniques and competition while
helping to inspire a life-long enjoyment of the sport.
• Implement and supervise daily training as scheduled by the Head Coach
• Set and maintain courses following the specifications of US Ski & Snowboard.
• Maintain high safety standards in all team activities.
• Assure that all facilities and equipment are properly maintained and stored.
• Travel to pre-determined events with participants and be responsible for on-hill coaching duties.
• Communicate any needs to the Head Coach and Program Director in order to effectively perform daily duties.
• Participate in coaches meetings, briefings, and other professional functions as directed by the Head Coach or Program Director.
• Candidates must be able to successfully complete mandatory background check and other basic requirements to obtain a coach license through https://usskiandsnowboard.org/.
• Previous Alpine Ski Racing or Competitive Snowboarding experience at the college level is preferred
• $17 (and up) per hour – weekday and weekend hours – December through mid-March
• USSS membership fees fully reimbursed and Wisp Resort season pass provided
• Garrett County, Maryland
Interested candidates should contact the team through the DCWST website.